s a mouthing tool, ARK's Grabber® provides an excellent opportunity for the mouth to play through jaw movement, tongue movement, and oral exploration. The chewy, resilient material can help with oral defensiveness and food aversions by de-sensitizing the mouth. It is also a safe and durable alternative to tooth-grinding and/or chewing on hazardous non-food items. The Grabber XT® is an Xtra Tough version of the Grabber®. It is constructed of a firmer material so individuals can exert more jaw pressure, but it remains chewy and resilient. Each Grabber® is constructed of medical grade materials that are FDA compliant and contain no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. The resilient material is solid with no through holes or crevices that could harbor bacteria or saliva.
• As an alternative to biting/chewing on fingers, shirts, pencils, and other hazardous non-food items
• To decrease pica, thumb-sucking, and tooth-grinding
• To build oral strength and tolerance
• To calm and soothe individuals through oral sensory input
• To de-sensitize the mouth for individuals with oral defensiveness and food aversions
• The Grabber® has a "built-in" handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
• While all surfaces can be chewed on, the extension of the Grabber® allows individuals to reach areas further back on the tongue and between the gums and teeth - giving them that extra proprioceptive input that they need.
• The Grabber® measures 5 inches lengthwise, and just under 2 inches across the loop/handle.
• The Grabber® comes in several different sizes, textures, scents, and resiliencies to best fit each individual's needs.
• The Grabber XT® is constructed of a firmer material for individuals who exert more jaw pressure.
• The Textured Grabber® has various bumps and surfaces to simulate the textures of real food.
• The Scented Grabbers enhance interest by simulating the smell of real food.
• The Baby Grabber® has a shorter stem for those smaller mouths.
MADE in the USA out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
***Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times.