Developed in partnership with Shari Martin, OTR/L, ARK's Bite Tube Tips for the Z-Vibe® are specially designed for targeted, functional biting and chewing practice. Much like the Bite-n-Chew Tip XL, only with a hollow center for food. Simply fill the tube with soft foods, such as applesauce, yogurt, stage 1 baby foods, etc. Place the tip on the side of the mouth, in between the pre-molars or molars. Or, place it along the full length of the molar surface to one side. When the individual bites down, he or she will be rewarded with food! Use the Bite Tube Tips to establish the concept of needing to bite and chew to eat food. It's also an excellent way to incorporate real food as you practice the motor planning of eating skills.
The Bite Tube Tip comes in two different versions: smooth (lavender) or textured (blue). For individuals with oral defensiveness, start with the smooth tip and gradually progress to the textured one. For individuals who need more proprioceptive input to the mouth, the textured one provides both tactile input and added resistance. For individuals with a weak bite, start with a hollow Bite Tube Tip and progress to a solid Bite-n-Chew Tip (Bite-n-Chew Tip sold separately). Use any of these tips to improve chewing motion and jaw strength. If desired, you can trim the Bite Tube Tip to a shorter length with a pair of scissors. A wonderful addition to any feeding / oral motor therapy toolbox!
• Teach Biting and Chewing Skills
• Increase Oral Awareness
• Decrease Oral Sensitivities and Food/Texture Aversions
• Calm and Soothe with Vibrating Handle
• Helps Transition from Puréed to Textured Foods with Sylvia Spoon or Animal Tips
• Increase Interest in Therapy
• Develop Oral Motor Skills
• Improve Oral Hygiene with Brush Tips
• Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
• No BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
• Measures approximately 3 inches long and just under .5 inch in diameter
• To be used with any Z-Vibe® or Z-Grabber® (sold separately)
*Caution: these are therapeutic tools and should be used under adult supervision at all times. When changing tips and/or the battery, please use caution as the unit contains small parts that pose a choking hazard.