ARK's Y-Chews® are a safe way to exercise the mouth muscles, build oral tone, practice biting and chewing skills, and provide tactile sensory input to the lips, tongue, cheeks, and jaw.
They're also a safe alternative to biting on one's fingers, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc. Their texture can also help decrease oral defensiveness, reduce food aversions, and normalize sensitivities (both hypo and hypersensitivities).
• As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
• As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
• As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
• To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
• To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
• To build oral strength, mobility, and control
• To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
• While all surfaces can be chewed on, the extension of the Y-Chew® allows individuals to reach areas further back on the tongue and between the gums and teeth - giving them that extra proprioceptive input that they need.
• Molded out of one solid piece of material with no holes or crevices that could harbor saliva or bacteria.
• Y-Chews® comes in several different scents, and resiliencies to best fit each individual's needs.
• The Y-Chew XT® is constructed of a firmer material for individuals who exert more jaw pressure.
• Y-Chews have various bumps and surfaces to simulate
MADE in the USA out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
***Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times.