Pretend play leads to cooperative play, is excellent for developing imaginations, and creative young minds!
Imaginary play is a crucial developmental stage. It’s the stage in which all children begin to develop an understanding of the world around them, and learn to safely navigate those surroundings through imitation, practice and exploration. It’s also a foundation for basic social and language skills.
This wooden play food set is perfect for young chefs looking to explore a little mealtime fun--without the mess! It includes eight pieces of wooden food that can be sliced into 27 sections, a cutting board, and a wooden knife. Cutting the food makes a satisfying "crunch"--and provides a playful introduction to concepts of "whole," "part," and fractions.
• Pretend Play
• Object Recognition
• Can be used as assistive communication object
• Interactive Play
• Fine Motor Skills
OTHER WAYS TO PLAY & LEARN:
• Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
• Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
• Have the child identify the colors of each food item, and sort the items by color among the four crates.
• Help the child to assemble a balanced meal in each basket. Explain that each meal must have one item from each food group.
• Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
• Wooden play food set with pieces that stick together and come apart with a satisfying "crunch" sound as kids slice them apart.
• Self-stick tabs hold pieces together.
• Beautifully painted pieces feature realistic details.
• Sturdy wooden construction.
• Perfect for pretend play and introducing concepts of part and whole.
• Package: 12.25" H x 8.25" W x 2.5" L