SPIO Compression Pants provide a single layer compression from the lower ribcage to the calf or ankles. It has proven beneficial for children and adults who demonstrate deficits in sensory awareness and stability. SPIO is a highly flexible bracing system made from a specialized multi-directional stretch. The Lycra-like blend of material has excellent rebound and memory so that it returns to its original shape.
SPIO’s patented compression provides multi-directional, steady stretch tension directly to the skin and indirectly to the internal soft tissue structures. This precise compression around and toward the midline of the body provides accurate and usable deep pressure sensory information to the child’s proprioceptive feedback system, resulting in improved positional limb and body awareness, improved core muscle and joint stabilization, and increased precision of muscle activation and movement.
• Promotes eep sensory (proprioception) awareness in lower extremity and lower trunk
• Combine with vest to improve upright stability
• Combine with shirt to improve full body sensory awareness
• May benefit children and adults who demonstrate deficits in sensory awareness and stability
• SPIO pants are standard single layer
• Combined with shirt or vest will provide double or triple layer compression from the lower ribcage to the pelvis and hips
• Designed with a higher back side to accommodate diapers
• Can be trimmed below or above knee
• SPIO™ is easy to put on and adjustments are quick and minimal.
• Can be worn under clothes. SPIO™ is not bulky and can be worn discretely under clothing or fashionably by itself.
• Comfortable. The lightweight and breathable fabric blend feels soft and cool against the skin while providing an intimate fit that moves with the child.
• No break-in period. From the moment you receive your SPIO™, your child can begin wearing it all day. They may not want to take it off!
• Allows for growth. SPIO™ systems allow a 25% growth.
• If properly taken care of your SPIO will last for years.
*** NOTE: The use of any compression-type orthotic system such as SPIO™ should be discussed with your clinician prior to using.
* Measurements should be taken with child lying down. Measurements are taken in centimeters. If measurement is between sizes, round up in size for growth.
High tone children may need smaller size.
You should be able to place your hand between the child’s body (in the trunk area) and SPIO and feel significant resistance when you pull your hand away from the child’s body. Approximately an inch resistance is adequate. More and it’s too loose, less and it’s too tight.
When you receive the SPIO try it on first before you decide it’s too small. It will look too small, but may not be. If it is the same size as the child’s regular pants, it is too big and you are not getting any compression.
After donning the SPIO, watch the child’s reaction to the SPIO. If they get red marks under their arms, or on their skin at the sides, it may be too small and you will want to exchange the SPIO for next larger size.
If the inside seams irritate the patient, you may turn the SPIO inside out. This does not include unitards or vests.
SIZES: (Based on Waist Circumference and Length = Waist to Ankle)
P41 = C 41 / L 38.25
P43 = C 43 / L 42
S45 = C 45 / L 44
S47 = C 47 / L 48
S49 = C 49 / L 52
S51 = C 51 / L 56
S53 = C 53 / L 58
S55 = C 55 / L 64
S57 = C 57 / L 68
S59 = C 59 / L 71
S61 = C 61 / L 77
S63 = C 63 / L 80
S65 = C 65 / L 82
S67 = C 67 / L 84
S69 = C 69 / L 87
S71 = C 71 / L 91
S73 = C 73 / L 94
*Available in-stock in Black. Also available in Pink or Blue by special order. Call store for ordering details.
MADE IN THE USA
*NOTE: Free or Expedited Shipping is not available for this product. This item ships directly from the manufacturer and can only be shipped within the Continental US (We are unable to ship SPIO products Canada).