ARK's Tongue Depressor Tip makes a great addition to your sensory oral motor toolbox! Use it to examine the oral cavity, mid-tongue elevation, back of tongue elevation, lip closure, etc. It can also be used to provide sensory input to a large surface area of the tongue.
Available in either a smooth or textured option. The smooth one is just like a regular tongue depressor. The textured one has a fun Brick-style look with large bumps on the front side and small bumps on the back side for lots of sensory input.
All of the Z-Vibe Tip Attachments are compatible with any Z-Vibe® or Z-Grabber™. The same handle can shift goals simply by switching out one tip for another. Use them to provide tactile stimulation and sensory feedback to the lips, tongue, gums, cheeks, and jaw. For oral defensiveness and sensitivities, start with the smooth tips and progress to the textured tips.
*Batteries and other tip variations are also available separately
• Examine the oral cavity, mid-tongue elevation, back of tongue elevation, lip closure, etc.
• Can be used to provide sensory input to a large surface area of the tongue.
• Increase Oral Awareness
• Decrease Oral Sensitivities and Food/Texture Aversions
• Calm and Soothe with Vibrating Handle
• Increase Interest in Therapy
• Develop Oral Motor Skills
• Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
• No lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
• Measures approximately 3.9" long, .6" wide, .13" thick
• Each tip is sold individually
• To be used with either the Z-Vibe or Z-Grabber handle (sold separately)
Turn the unit on/off by twisting the Switch Tip at the opposite end. The Switch Tip can also be replaced with another tip in order to use two tips simultaneously. For example, attach a Fine Tip to one end and a Spoon Tip to the other. Use the Fine Tip to stimulate a tongue bowl for feeding, and then quickly turn to the Spoon Tip for feeding. If the individual loses the tongue bowl, you can easily turn back to the Fine Tip again. The handle (excluding the tip) measures about 4.67" in length and less than ½ an inch in diameter.
*Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times. When changing tips and/or the battery, please use caution as the unit contains small parts that pose a choking hazard.
MADE in the USA out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.