Zingo! Sight Words brings young children the fun of the classic game of bingo while they learn to recognize sight words.
The game's Zingo! cards use graphics to cue players to the meaning of the words before they are able to recognize and read them. An "x" marks the spot for "here," a downward arrow points "in," a speech bubble surrounds "said," and a little figure waves for "me." Other squares have colorful patterns of stripes, checks, and shapes to pair with the sight words, adding some pizzazz to these critical words for reading.
The Zinger! slider chooses the next tile to be played. The slider is built with large, easily grasped parts, so kids can operate it themselves while exercising their motor skills. Once children learn to play the game, it's simple enough for them to play together without an adult.
Sight words are the most frequently used words in the English language, making up about 50 - 75 percent of all writing. Our daily information is filled with basic words that readers take for granted. Unlike other words, sight words often can't be "sounded out" phonetically and have to be learned through visual memory, which can be frustrating to kids. Learning and mastering sight words is an important step in becoming a successful, fluent reader. The sight words used in Zingo! Sight Words have been named by leading educators as the most fundamental for reading development.
• Letter & Sight Word Recognition
• Reading Fluency
• Visual Perception and Reasoning
• Fine motor skills
• Includes: 72 Zingo! sight words tiles, six double-sided Zingo! cards, Zingo! Zinger card dispenser, instructions, and learning guide.
• Bingo-style game teaches basic sight-word recognition
• Cards give visual hints to help non-readers match words
• Simple enough that kids can play without an adult
• Words selected by educators help build vocabulary
• Sight words bring children closer to reading fluency
• 2-6 Players